Gretel Killeen is a lapsed Methodist and Jackie Loeb is Jewish, so we thought it would be a good idea to find out their top Christmas gift tips.
1. Don’t give anyone a saddle unless they own a horse.
2. Just because you think someone already has everything doesn’t mean you should give them four pork chops for Christmas.
3. Try not to re-gift an item to the person who gave it to you in the first place.
4. The label “one size fits all” actually means “doesn’t fit anyone.”
5. When giving large sums of money, always write your name on the notes. Sure it’s illegal and renders the cash useless but at least they’ll know who gave them this useless, illegal, but otherwise thoughtful gift.
1. Don’t stuff your Christmas stockings while someone’s legs are still in them.
2. Turkeys will not feel excluded if you opt for prawns.
3. Volunteering at a soup kitchen once a year on Christmas Day still doesn’t make you a good person.
4. Celebrate the Baby Jesus on Boxing Day and save up to 50 percent! (Sorry, no rain checks.)
5. Texting elderly relatives in nursing homes is almost as meaningful as not visiting them.